Pupil Premium funding was first introduced in 2011. Schools can make choices about how they use their allocation of the funding. This is because the Government believes that schools are best placed to use the funding purposefully depending upon their own local circumstances.
The Government provides all schools with additional funding to:
- raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities to reach their potential
- support children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces
Children eligible for PPG are:
- Pupils in year groups reception to year 6 recorded as Ever 6 free school meals (FSM)
- Pupils in years 7 to 11 recorded as Ever 6 FSM
- Looked-after children (LAC) defined in the Children Act 1989 as one who is in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, an English local authority
- Children who have ceased to be looked after by a local authority in England and Wales because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangement order or a residence order
At Covingham Park, we believe that there should be no gap between the achievement of students receiving Pupil Premium funding and their peers. We continue to work hard to ensure that all pupils are equally able to take advantage of the opportunities the school has to offer.
Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.